7 replies to this topic

#1 umma gumma

umma gumma

• 833 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 09:32

1. make all engines run on water.
2. no environmental pollution allowed.
3. bring back slicks.

that would slow 'em down a bit. and do something productive. and be entertaining as well.

Advertisement

#2 Art

Art

• 552 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 09:52

I can see in now miniture nuclear reactor. With steam turbine and enclosed water cooling system. Mad Max jumps off of the big bridge in Sidney and takes Bernie with him. And Jane Fonda and friends picket F1 demanding an end to nuclear power.

Art NX3L

#3 davo

davo

• 87 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 10:40

We like to call it Sid-er-knee after that other "sporting" big cheese corrected our pronunciation of Sydney ;)

#4 Art

Art

• 552 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 11:13

Sid-er-Knee What do you call the place where the people sing by the big bridge?

Art NX3L

#5 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,247 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 08:11

That would be the Sydney Opera House, as conceived by Joern Utzon, financed by a lottery, constructed by a fiercely determined pack of unionists looking to complete their working lives there, joked about by those who always reckon it will sail away, and opened by Lizzie in 1970.
Whatever you do, don't knock Sydney. And if you're ever coming to Australia, make sure you fly into Sydney in the dark.

#6 Art

Art

• 552 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 00:24

Ray Bell.

Im not knocking Sydney Davo calls it Sid-er-knee. I know it is called the Sydney Opera House. Which I think is the most beautiful structure in the world. I just wanted to know how Davo would pronounce Opera House after Sid-er-knee.

Art NX3L

#7 Art

Art

• 552 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 00:43

And Ray .

My Wife and I have talked many times about a trip to Australia if we were younger. Ultra modern citys the outback Aboriginese balad music the digerey do and just lintening to you people talk is a pleasure to us. We will never get there but we never miss educational programs about Australia.

Art NX3L

#8 davo

davo

• 87 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 10:55

Art

"Heaven" would be one suggestion for Sydney Opera House - mild summer evening, intermision from the theatre, symphony or opera, on the forecourt, with champers and lady...
...ahhhh.

Gets near good motorsport even ;)

The 2000 Olympics were announced "Sid-er-knee" by the other sporting tsar. Perhaps a little too oblique for a global BB