Photo

Great Days Out

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Derwent Motorsport

Derwent Motorsport

• 837 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 15:27

This series on C5 tonight visits Duns and the Jim Clark Museum with Susan Calman have a run is the Lotus Cortina. 

Advertisement

#2 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,682 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 18:43

Typical!  That's the same time as the England Rugby international!  Hopefully they'll repeat it some time.

#3 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,043 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 20:34

Thanks for telling us about it, but it wasn't to my taste - I'm quite pleased to know that, so I won't waste my time watching any other offerings by that presenter.

#4 RobMk2a

RobMk2a

• 262 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 21:54

Interesting to see what remains of Winfield Circuit. 

Rob 

#5 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,578 posts

Posted 28 October 2023 - 05:59

Typical!  That's the same time as the England Rugby international!  Hopefully they'll repeat it some time.

It's available on catch up

#6 FastReader

FastReader

• 214 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 10:26

Thanks for telling us about it, but it wasn't to my taste - I'm quite pleased to know that, so I won't waste my time watching any other offerings by that presenter.

Mrs FR and I started watching a programme presented by her a year or two ago about a Northern Lights cruise that we were going to go on. It was so awful that we turned it off after 10 minutes and I won't be trying this offering.

#7 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

• 885 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 10:50

I watched the 1st part, fortunately that was when the Jim Clark, Lotus Cortina segment was on, switched off after that.

I watched 1 of her earlier programs, maybe episode 1 in series 1 as that covered the Lake District and, from a trailer, I saw that she "camped" in her motor home by where I used to live [Sykeside, I used to live in the Brotherswater Hotel for those who know the area]...but haven't watched any others

#8 68targa

68targa

• 1,000 posts

Posted 29 October 2023 - 11:21

These programmes are generally produced for the ego of the presenters with very little depth to them - sort of fluffy time fillers.  At least they went to Winfield and it would have been interesting to have heard more about the short lived circuit but that would be too much to expect from this series.