Photo

reference photos needed...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 24 January 2000 - 06:09

working on a painting of a Gold Leaf Lotus, 49b, as used at Monaco in 1968 (w/ "built in" rear wing). I've scoured all my books and have only been able to find limited reference... mostly front and rear views, thus side views would be especially appreciated...

if you could post them here or direct me to where I could find them it would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.... B

Advertisement

#2 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 24 January 2000 - 10:19

Posted Image

This is an Exoto 1/18th diecast.

#3 Fast One

Fast One

• 600 posts

Posted 24 January 2000 - 11:12

Bruce--

There are some useful photos in Rainer Sclegelmilch's Grand Prix de Monaco and an excellent black and white shot in his Portraits of the '60's. The August, 1968 Road & Track has several good shots, some quite close, although most are black and white. If you have a Borders near by, they usually keep the Schlegelmilch books on the shelf. If I can locate any others, I'll let you know.

#4 Dennis David

Dennis David

• 2,480 posts

Posted 24 January 2000 - 13:00

Bruce - Not exactly what you are looking for but I thought you might enjoy these. http://www.execulink...grafx/lotus.htm I'll get back to you with some scans on the Lotus 49.

------------------
Regards,

Dennis David
Yahoo = dennis_a_david

Life is racing, the rest is waiting

Grand Prix History
www.ddavid.com/formula1/

#5 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,357 posts

Posted 24 January 2000 - 23:11

Thanks guys!. Fast one - Funny thing. I've got 2 Schlegelmilch books - Ferrari Formula and Fascination F1... of course neither of these has a picture of the 49b...! Ah well, I've been looking for a good excuse to buy the other 2... (I do have a local shop called Mini Grid which carries all that stuff...)

One of the other reasons I wanted a colour shot is that I had bought a 1/43 scale Quartzo model of the car, but the red didn't look right to me... far too much "black" in it... the picyure you posted seems to confirm that Quartzo has the colour wrong Todd.

Dennis - not exactly what I was looking for but - WOW. Neat animations - and actually the'll be helpful - thanks again.

#6 Dennis David

Dennis David

• 2,480 posts

Posted 25 January 2000 - 02:24

There is too much black in it.

------------------
Regards,

Dennis David
Yahoo = dennis_a_david

Grand Prix History
www.ddavid.com/formula1/

#7 Tarnik

Tarnik

• 66 posts

Posted 01 February 2000 - 05:59

You might find some in "Lotus 49" by Michael Oliver, although they seem to be mainly black & white.

#8 Leo Landman

Leo Landman

• 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2000 - 06:31

Heck yes, a side view of the 49B is even on the cover of Oliver's book! And inside, page 74, is exactly what you're looking for, Bruce. A side view of the Monaco car, and drawings of front, rear, top and side views too. Except I don't have a scanner so can't help you here... Maybe Dennis has the book AND a scanner?

Bye,
Leo

#9 Dennis David

Dennis David

• 2,480 posts

Posted 01 February 2000 - 10:27

Have both, natch. Bruce do you still need them? I can email them to you.

------------------
Regards,

Dennis David
Yahoo = dennis_a_david

Grand Prix History
www.ddavid.com/formula1/